Loudoun Missions Foundation is pleased to offer scholarships for those planning to go on a mission trip.
To qualify for a scholarship you must attend a church in Loudoun County Virginia, or be going on a mission trip sponsored by a church in Loudoun County.
To apply for a scholarship, just fill out the form fields below and hit the Submit button. It is recommended to copy and save off any long answers in case the web form times out.
If your submission is successful, the form fields will be replaced with a message thanking you for your application and you will also receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, then your application was not submitted and you will need to fill out the form again and resubmit your application. If you have any trouble submitting the online form, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request assistance.
Please also review the Mission Scholarship Policies below before submitting your application.
Remember, you must be affiliated with a church in Loudoun County Virginia to receive a scholarship.
LMF Mission Scholarship Policies
Opportunities to attend mission trips are plentiful, and the Loudoun Missions Foundation exists in part to help those who qualify with financial assistance in the form of a scholarship for these trips. In evaluating applications for scholarship, members of the Loudoun Missions Foundation board will meet with the applicant to determine the qualifications of the applicant. Factors considered are:
- Financial Need
- Spiritual maturity
- Church Attendance
- Ministry service
- Previous scholarships awarded, with the completion of an after-trip report.
Scholarships are limited, and will be awarded based on the above criteria. Priority will be given to first-time applicants. Scholarships generally will not be granted for more than 25% of the total cost of participation. If a scholarship recipient raises funding on their own that surpasses the need, the Loudoun Missions Foundation reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship fund awarded based on lack of need. The Loudoun Missions Foundation also reserves the right to lower the amount of the scholarship to equal the amount needed for the trip.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION DATES
Applications are reviewed quarterly according to the schedule described below. Please be sure to submit your application before the cut-off date based upon the beginning date of your mission trip. Applications received after the submission date will be held until the next review period.
- January 15 (For trips that begin March 1 - May 31)
- April 15 (For trips that begin June 1 - August 31)
- July 15 (For trips that begin September 1 - November 30)
- October 15 (For trips that begin December 1 - February 28)
By accepting a Loudoun Missions Foundation scholarship, the recipient agrees to the following:
- Completion of a Letter Once a scholarship is granted and the participant completes the mission trip, the scholarship recipient will bless the Loudoun Missions Foundation with a one-page summary within 30 days of returning from the trip. This summary will describe how the mission trip impacted their life. Failure to complete this requirement may forfeit an applicant’s ability to receive future scholarships from the Loudoun Missions Foundation.
- Publicity The scholarship recipient grants the right of the Loudoun Missions Foundation to publicize an article containing their name and photo in a local newspaper and in local church bulletins. Scholarship amounts are confidential and are not to be discussed with other parties.